If you have been charged with a crime, you may be worried about the status of your case and your future. You may be afraid of going to jail or angry at the people whose actions helped lead to your arrest. It is natural and normal to feel this way. An arrest can be a life-changing event, and it is one that can bring up a full range of emotions.
At my Salt Lake City, Utah, law firm, I understand that criminal charges are a serious matter. I appreciate the trust that my clients place in me and take my responsibility as your criminal defense attorney very seriously. I know that, at the very least, the outcome of your case can affect your criminal record and your future, so I use proven strategies to minimize the consequences. I work to get charges dismissed. I also negotiate with prosecutors to have charges dropped or changed to lesser offenses. When possible and appropriate, I do not hesitate to take cases to trial to protect my clients' rights.
Criminal Defense Attorney in Salt Lake City
This is true in all areas of the law, when helping people facing a broad range of criminal charges:
- Sex crimes: I represent clients facing charges related to alleged rape, statutory rape, sex with a minor, mandatory sex offender registration and Internet sex crimes, as well as other matters.
- Juvenile crimes: I represent clients in the juvenile justice system, facing charges related to underage drinking, juvenile sex crimes and juvenile delinquency.
- Drug crimes: I defend people accused of drug crimes such as possession, possession with the intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and drug trafficking.
- Violent crimes: When fights and allegations lead to criminal charges, I can help. I defend clients against charges of assault, battery, domestic assault, assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder and weapons violations, as well as other charges.
- Theft offenses: I represent people accused of retail theft (shoplifting), embezzlement, fraud and related crimes. For retail theft crimes, penalties depend on the amount allegedly stolen. Amounts between zero and $300 are charged as a class B misdemeanor. Amounts more than $300 but not more than $1000 are charged as a class A misdemeanor. Amounts over $1000 are charged as felonies.
- White collar crime: I defend people accused of "white collar crimes," which often involve alleged theft and fraud in professional work environments. My clients are accused of things like embezzlement, securities fraud, insurance fraud, mail and wire fraud.
- Environmental crimes: I defend people accused of environmental crimes such as poaching, fish and game violations, illegal dumping and other toxic waste crimes.
- Federal Offenses: I represent clients in Federal Courts in matters that occur across state lines or violations of federal law.
As a criminal defense lawyer, I also handle matters of accomplice liability for crimes and can talk with you about possible defenses that may be available in your case. Each case is different, so it is critical to talk with me about your situation as soon as possible.
I also represent people facing other criminal charges in Utah State and Federal Courts. These include public intoxication, probation and parole violations, robbery and burglary, disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace.
If you have been accused of a crime that you don't see listed on this website, please do not hesitate to call. I can talk with you about the charges you face and help you decide what to do. My consultations are free and confidential, so you have nothing to lose.
Contact a Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
Our criminal defence attorney represents clients throughout Utah including these cities:
- Park City
- West Valley City
- And More
To contact an experienced Salt Lake City criminal defense attorney, call my law office at 801-783-3488 or toll free at 877-753-1247. You can also contact me online to arrange a confidential consultation.