In cases involving theft and fraud, I understand that freedom and reputations are at stake. Careers can end in a split second following an allegation of or arrest for embezzlement. Lives change following an arrest for shoplifting or credit card fraud.
Theft Lawyer in Salt Lake City
Specific areas of my criminal defense practice involving theft crimes include:
- Retail theft — A criminal record can impact a job search or result in fines or a jail sentence. You may feel embarrassment and want to handle the matter in an manner that is best to protect your future. I handle these cases efficiently and pursue the best outcome, including restitution to keep your criminal record clean.
- Embezzlement and white collar crimes — The unique process involving the Attorney General's Office requires those charged to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney. I have handled various types of complex white collar crimes and navigate through the complex paper trail. I understand the stakes my clients face and provide aggressive advocacy to even the odds they face.
- Check fraud — Check fraud is not only a serious criminal offense, but it also shows dishonesty and a lack of trustworthiness. Juveniles face serious challenges in being admitted to a college. My job is to get the facts of the case and fight for the best result to minimize the consequences.
- Credit card fraud — Theft or illegal use of a credit card for use in a store or online can result in serious charges of identity theft. Manufacturing fake credit cards or forging an application can lead to high-level state and federal felony charges. I bring experience and legal knowledge in handling all aspects of these complex theft cases at the misdemeanor and felony levels.
- Investor and mortgage fraud — Prosecutors aggressively pursue criminal charges against crimes of investor and mortgage fraud. As an experienced Salt Lake City theft lawyer, my job is to respond with an equal level of aggression.
Contact a Salt Lake City Theft Attorney Today
To talk with me about the criminal penalties you face following a theft arrest, call Catherine Cleveland, P.C., office for a free initial consultation. I am available by phone at 801-783-3488 or toll free at 877-753-1247. You can also contact me online. Reasonable payment plans are available.