In cases involving theft and fraud, I understand that freedom and reputations are at stake. Careers can end in a split second following an allegation of or arrest for embezzlement. Lives change following an arrest for shoplifting or credit card fraud.
Contact my Salt Lake City criminal defense law firm to learn more about your theft charges throughout Utah
Theft Defense From a Former Judge in Salt Lake City
Specific areas of my criminal defense practice involving theft and fraud crimes include:
- Retail theft and shoplifting: A criminal record can impact a job search or result in fines or a jail sentence. You may feel embarrassed and want to handle the matter in a manner that is best to protect your future. I handle these cases efficiently and pursue the best outcome, including restitution to keep your criminal record clean.
- Check fraud: Check fraud is not only a serious criminal offense, but it also shows dishonesty and a lack of trustworthiness. Juveniles face serious challenges in being admitted to a college. My job is to get the facts of the case and fight for the best result to minimize the consequences.
- Credit card fraud: Theft or illegal use of a credit card for use in a store or online can result in serious charges of identity theft. Manufacturing fake credit cards or forging an application can lead to high-level state and federal felony charges. I bring experience and legal knowledge in handling all aspects of these complex theft cases at the misdemeanor and felony levels.
- Investor and mortgage fraud: Prosecutors aggressively pursue criminal charges against crimes of investor and mortgage fraud. As an experienced Salt Lake City theft lawyer, my job is to respond with an equal level of aggression.
- Robbery: Robbery is a felony and includes violence or the threat of violence. It is an extremely serious charge that requires a tough defense.
Contact a Salt Lake City Theft Attorney Today
To talk with me about the criminal penalties you face following a theft arrest, call Catherine Cleveland, P.C., office for a free initial consultation. I am available by phone at 801-783-3488 or toll free at 877-753-1247. You can also contact me online. Reasonable payment plans are available.
Criminal defense is all I do
My exclusive focus as a Salt Lake City criminal defense lawyer has helped me perfect successful legal strategies that are proven to be effective in Utah Courts. Throughout the years, I have achieved a history of favorable results by helping hundreds of people successfully reduce or avoid criminal charges. My clients’ positive testimonials tell their stories.